- Crying baby across the hall
- Bad cooking smells
- Fire alarms (at least one a week)
- Groove on Grove
- The moldy smell that came out of the HVAC unit
- The drain that was always clogged
- People who think it is a good idea to cook popcorn in tupperware in their stove (see the note about fire alarms)
- The constantly broken elevators
- Black dust
- The friday night DJ at the market outside of our apartment building
- Car alarms (all night long)
- $200/month parking garage
- Holland Tunnel
- Non-refundable deposits
- People that don't know how to sort their recycling
I'm sure there are more, but this seems to about sum it up.
We drove to Jersey City early yesterday morning to finish cleaning our old apartment. We were there a total of 3 hours, scrubbed everything up and down, and closed the door forever. It felt so good to hand those keys over the doorman. We also moved everything out our storage space, and hopefully closed out that account.
We will officially never have to make that drive again. Horrah!
It's so nice to feel like that part of our lives is over and done with. We can completely move on, and we have nothing hanging over our heads.
Also, I can't wait to get that security deposit check in the mail!