Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Want That

If there is one thing I have learned from becoming a stay-at-home mom with a new mortgage payment it is that I can kiss my old lifestyle goodbye. Back when I was an apartment-renting, baby-less, working woman I could buy things. Nothing extravagant, mind you, but I liked shopping (it's my cardio). I have since said goodbye to shopping, unless it is something that Elliott needs (teething rings, PJs, etc).

So now I just get to look on the internet (and at the September issues) and dream about the things I would buy myself if I were the old Casey Davis.

Things like this . . .
Chloe ballet flats. I love a good T-strap.

3.1 Phillip Lim dress. The color is so good, and it's really short (my preferred length).

Marc Jacobs hologram disc skirt. It could be the most impractical article of clothing ever, but I just want to look at it all day. It's amazing.

Marc by Marc Jacobs cashmere color-block cardigan. If you know me then you know I have never met a cardigan I don't like.

Rag & Bone varsity jacket. Oh man, finding a good women's varsity jacket is difficult. This one is by far the best. It's also way out of my price range (if I had a price range).


Some day I will be able to buy pretty things again. Le sigh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment